Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kreativ Blogger


Thanks to the lovely and ever so talented Rachael Johns for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger. Now for the hard part. 7 interesting facts. Here goes...

1. I wrote my first story in grade 2 - it was about the then Aussie prime minister, Bob Hawke and the then opposition leader, Andrew Peacock. In my story they were birds and head of opposing tribes. I think Mrs Hawkins thought it was odd that a seven year old was writing about politics, but she told my parents that their daughter should be a writer. Bless her cotton socks. 

2. I had my first crush when I was 12 - that boy, or rather that man, is now my husband. Our paths crossed for the second time when we were 18, briefly dated then I went to uni and got consumed in studying. Fast forward two years and I woke up one day and realised he was the ONE. Only way to contact him was through a mutual friend, so I got her to get him to call me, and the rest as they say is history.

3. I'm fascinated with politics and comparative economic systems. I used to spend summers with my grandparents and when my aunt and uncle were still living at home - there was a lot of reading material. The summer I was 12 I discovered my aunt's Mills & Boon collection, but on the same bookshelf were my uncle's political and economic books - so I read M&B and books on Stalin, Marx and Churchill at the same time. Yes - I was a weird child, it’s no different as an adult.


4. I once had a teacher accuse me of plagiarising my book review. I was furious and took a lot of convincing to make her believe otherwise. In hindsight - I should be flattered.


5. I've never seen the movies ET, Mad Max or Star Wars. But am a James Bond freak and LOVE all of the Bonds except for Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby (what were they thinking?).


6. I've always loved chick flicks, but since having my girls, I refuse to watch or ready anything that doesn't have a happy ending. Not sure why, but means category suits me well. 


7. I'm an 80's music freak, which is a bit strange considering I was quite young in the 80's. I even know more than my hubby who can sing, play drums and guitar and fancies himself as a bit of a music buff. If you asked me how Bon Jovi chose the songs for their Slippery When Wet album, I can tell you.


Ok - so now for the hard stuff, passing the nomination. I think pretty much everyone I know has been nominated, but if you're reading this and you haven't - then go for it!

7 comments:

  1. Economics and love! Sounds most sensible if you ask me! And so cute re your hubby. Ahh, true love. :-) Oh, btw, you have to see Star Wars. It's a classic, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - but somehow there are a chunk of great movies/books that I've missed. I also haven't read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and considering even my hubby (who doesn't read fiction) has read it, that is sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I would never have picked the economics thing - lol! And your hubby story sounds so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach - can say I'm well and truely over the whole ecomonics/politics thing. And yes, my hubby story is lovely - even though I was a total b***h towards him when we first went out! If I wrote it in a book it would be rejected for the lack of believablity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So romantic about your husband being your first crush!
    I'm exactly the same way about avoiding sad endings since I had the kids, which is odd as I used to love a weepie or a horror. These days I find it hard to watch tough stuff without relating it to my own family, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne - I'm the same. I used to read James Patterson and Greg Iiles (i think that's what his name is) and it was the gorier the better. And yep - hubby being my first crush is romantic, although he likes to tell people the first opportunity he can that I've always had my eye on him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janette! I’ve given you an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete